The Burnside Bibs are not your traditional work overalls. Yes they are comfortable and easy to wear, yet they are much more stylish and feminine than traditional versions. The straps that transition to narrower ties offer many options for how they can be tied. And... like so many sewing patterns, we as sewists are able to influence how casual or dressed up they become simply by fabric choice. Choose a fabric with some drape such as Tencel and pair them with a silk blouse and some heels for a dressed up look. Use a more traditional denim or linen and wear them with a tee shirt, sneakers or clogs and take a more casual approach.
Options & Features:
The Burnside Bibs have two front bib options - a scooped neck or the traditional straight front.
Version #2 is a looser back pant that slips on over your hips and does not have a closure to sew. This version is fuller and more gathered in the back. Use your hip measurement to determine your size for version #2.
Version 2 also feature a front waistband, curved front patch pockets, optional back pockets, and cross-back straps that transition to narrower ties that thread through back waist belt loops forming back waist gathers. They may be tied in many ways - at the back, front or sides. The legs are somewhat wide and can be made full length or cropped.
This is an intermediate level pattern. Sizes 00 – 20
2 Days - 3 Hours each / Pattern Available to Purchase at Store
Instructor: Bini Leach
Please bring or purchase these items:
Your Fabric WASHED – Yardage provided below
Version 2 Cropped:
45” 3 ¼ - 4 yd
60” 2 ½ - 3 ½ yd
Version 2 Full Length:
45” 3 ½ - 4 ¼ yd
60” 2 ¾ - 3 ¾ yd
Interfacing 5/8 yd
Tools provided for use during class:
You will receive a 15% discount the day of your class! Please arrive 30 minutes early if you are purchasing your class supplies.
If you are unable to finish your project during the allotted class time - don't worry! You will be granted one free hour of open sew time at Josephine's to finish!
1. You need to cancel
• Please contact us within 72 hours of the class start time and we will give you credit towards another class. Please note there is no guarantee the same class/session will be offered again.
• No-shows and late cancels (less than 72 hour notice) will not be issued refunds or class credits - no exceptions.
2. You are running late
• Arriving to class late is disruptive to the other students. If you are more than 20 minutes late to class you will forfeit your class fee.
3. We need to cancel
• We will notify you within 72 hours of the class start time if we need to cancel for low attendance.
• We may need to cancel late due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather or an ill instructor.
• You will always receive a full refund if we cancel a class.