Our Archer Shirt class is a Beginner Intensive Class. A more detailed description for the 3 session class is below.
Session 1 – we will determine pattern size, trace pattern and discuss fabric options and combinations.
Session 2 – we will cut out our fabrics, apply fusibles and begin garment construction. Progress determined by individual students.
Session 3 – we will continue garment construction ending class with a completed piece.
The Archer Button Up is a loosely fitted button up shirt with long sleeves. View A has angled cuffs and a back pleat at yoke. View B has straight cuffs and a gathered lower back detail.
Techniques involved include sewing a straight seam, setting sleeves, continuous button plackets, adding a shirt collar and buttons & buttonholes.
Shirt weight fabrics ranging from silk chiffon, silk crepe de chine, cotton shirting, chambray, lightweight denim, and flannel. Extra fabric may be needed to match plaids, stripes, or one-way design prints.
(9) ⅜˝ to ½˝ buttons
Tools provided for use during class:
You will receive a 15% discount the day of your class! Please arrive 30 minutes early if you are purchasing your class supplies.
If you are unable to finish your project during the allotted class time - don't worry! You will be granted one free hour of open sew time at Josephine's to finish!
1. You need to cancel
• Please contact us within 72 hours of the class start time and we will give you credit towards another class. Please note there is no guarantee the same class/session will be offered again.
• No-shows and late cancels (less than 72 hour notice) will not be issued refunds or class credits - no exceptions.
2. You are running late
• Arriving to class late is disruptive to the other students. If you are more than 20 minutes late to class you will forfeit your class fee.
3. We need to cancel
• We will notify you within 72 hours of the class start time if we need to cancel for low attendance.
• We may need to cancel late due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather or an ill instructor.
• You will always receive a full refund if we cancel a class.
Ages: 16 & up unless otherwise stated