KALLE SHIRT & SHIRTDRESS
Session 1 – we will determine pattern size, trace pattern and discuss fabric options and combinations.
Session 2 – we will cut out our fabrics, apply fusibles and begin garment construction. Progress determined by individual students.
Session 3 – we will continue garment construction ending class with a completed piece.
With a loose, body skimming silhouette and a number of interchangeable features, the Kalle Shirt & Shirtdress is the ultimate in chic, easy dressing.
View A is cropped with a wide faced hem, View B is a tunic length shirt inspired by classic men's oxfords, and View C is a stylish shirtdress with a high-low hem. All versions feature a subtly curved yoke, kimono sleeves with arm cuffs, and a dramatically shaped hem.
Personalize your Kalle with a standard or band collar, an optional breast pocket, an inverted or box pleat, and button, popover or hidden placket.
Make a fluid, drapey Kalle with soft fabrics like tencel, linen, rayon challis and silk crepe de chine. Crisper fabrics like poplin, chambray, voile, flannel and traditional shirtings will create a more structured silhouette.
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (45"/1.14M FABRIC)
0-6 = 2yd/1.8m, 8-20 = 2.25yd/2m
0-14 = 2.5yd/2.3m, 16-20 = 2.75yd/2.5m
0-14 = 2.75yd/2.5m, 16-20 = 3yd/2.75m
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (58"/1.5M FABRIC)
0-6 = 1.5yd/1.4m, 8-14 = 1.75yd/1.6m, 16-20 = 2yd/1.85m
0-6 = 1.75yd/1.6m, 8-14 = 2yd/1.85m, 16-20 = 2.25yd/2m
0-6 = 2yd/1.85m, 8-14 = 2.25yd/2m, 16-20 = 2.5yd/2.25m
Lightweight fusible interfacing
1/2" shirt buttons (crop top = 5, tunic = 8, dress = 9, popover placket = 4)
Tools provided for use during class:
You will receive a 15% discount the day of your class! Please arrive 30 minutes early if you are purchasing your class supplies.
If you are unable to finish your project during the allotted class time - don't worry! You will be granted one free hour of open sew time at Josephine's to finish!
1. You need to cancel
• Please contact us within 72 hours of the class start time and we will give you credit towards another class. Please note there is no guarantee the same class/session will be offered again.
• No-shows and late cancels (less than 72 hour notice) will not be issued refunds or class credits - no exceptions.
2. You are running late
• Arriving to class late is disruptive to the other students. If you are more than 20 minutes late to class you will forfeit your class fee.
3. We need to cancel
• We will notify you within 72 hours of the class start time if we need to cancel for low attendance.
• We may need to cancel late due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather or an ill instructor.
• You will always receive a full refund if we cancel a class.
Ages: 16 & up unless otherwise stated