This A-line skirt by Sewaholic is simple and flattering for many different body types. With a small number of pattern pieces and a straightforward construction, it’s great for beginners or intermediate sewists.
In this class, we’ll start from the beginning, discussing fabric selection, size determination, pattern tracing, and basic construction techniques (including seam finishes, hem options, and when hand-finishing is appropriate).
The pattern includes three variations, allowing you to choose different combinations of lengths and waistband features.
• Curvier in the tummy? Learn how to modify the pattern to create a contoured waistband.
• Hate the pockets? We can omit them.
• Can’t stand a seam down the center front of a skirt? We’ll explain why the pattern is drafted that way, and what can be done about it.
• Aren’t in love with the standard zipper? Use an invisible one instead.
Difficulty: Beginner Intensive
If you’d like the garment to be washable, please purchase your fabric ahead of time and wash it the same way you plan to when it’s finished. Fabrics with good drape will look best - cotton lawn, linen, and wool all work well.
Please bring or be ready to purchase these items:
Your Pattern (we carry this pattern)
Your Fabric – Check pattern for yardage
Zipper (standard or invisible)
Tools provided for use during class:
You will receive a 15% discount the day of your class! Please arrive 30 minutes early if you are purchasing your class supplies.
If you are unable to finish your project during the allotted class time - don't worry! You will be granted one free hour of open sew time at Josephine's to finish!
Your space in the class will be reserved when full payment is received. We accept all major credit cards. Please click the “Register Now” link above to save your spot!
1. You need to cancel
• Please contact us within 72 hours of the class start time and we will give you credit towards another class. Please note there is no guarantee the same class/session will be offered again.
• No-shows and late cancels (less than 72 hour notice) will not be issued refunds or class credits - no exceptions.
2. You are running late
• Arriving to class late is disruptive to the other students. If you are more than 20 minutes late to class you will forfeit your class fee.
3. We need to cancel
• We will notify you within 72 hours of the class start time if we need to cancel for low attendance.
• We may need to cancel late due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather or an ill instructor.
• You will always receive a full refund if we cancel a class.